Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) is often encountered in many drug productions and personal uses. The plant is used for various discomforts from its positive effects on the digestive system to kidney diseases. It is a miraculous plant proven to have many benefits for the body due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Table of Contents
What is Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium)?
Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) is a plant that easily grows in our country, does not fade immediately after being plucked, and does not lose its golden yellow color even when it withers.
With its bright yellow flowers, the Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium), which has an umbrella-like appearance and grows up to approximately 50-60 centimeters, has been in high demand in recent years due to the P vitamin and many minerals it contains, and the contributions it provides to daily life and health.
Where Does Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) Grow?
The scientific name of Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) is Helichrysum Arenarium. It is a plant of European origin. It is also known by names like Mayasıl otu, sunflower, golden flower, and spleen herb. The main habitats of the Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium), known as Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Bosnia and Herzegovina, are high-altitude rocky areas in our country.
What are the Benefits of Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium)?
Known for its rich vitamin and mineral content, facilitating digestion, and relieving joint pain, the benefits of Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) are:
- The C and P vitamins in the Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) increase body resistance and play an active role in the healing of diseases.
- Relieves complaints of rheumatism, calcification, joint, and muscle pain.
- Eliminates inflammation and edema.
- If wounds with inflammation are dressed with golden flower oil, it has a therapeutic role.
- It has menstrual stimulant properties.
- With its antioxidant property, it cleans the skin and delays skin aging.
- Reduces hemorrhoid symptoms.
- Its herbal tea form regulates the digestive system and reduces indigestion.
- Prevents urinary tract infection.
- Helps the body naturally expel stones in the urinary tract.
- Accelerates fat burning in the body, supporting the weight loss process.
- Relieves heartburn, stomach burning, and gastritis problems.
- Supports the health of the gallbladder and kidneys, helping to expel sand and stones.
What is Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) Good For?
In our country, often known as the sunflower, Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) is also beneficial for health in the following areas:
- The golden flower plant increases stomach acid, helping those with digestive problems like indigestion.
- Helps in relieving problems like rheumatism and calcification.
- The plant, which plays a significant role in regulating the menstrual cycle and eliminating inflammations and discharges, helps the body expel all kinds of inflammations.
- It’s a real skin friend. You can use the tea or oil of this plant to cure skin diseases like eczema, warts, and psoriasis.
- Due to its strong antioxidant property, it cleans your skin from dirt and microbes. It moisturizes and refreshes your skin.
- Reduces wrinkles on the skin, allowing your skin to renew and stay young.
- Those with dry hair can use it to moisturize their hair.
- Regularly using it prevents varicose vein formation and lightens the appearance of varicose veins.
- By expelling edema in the body and burning fats, you can add this plant to your diet list to benefit from its advantages.
What are the harms of Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium)?
There are no known side effects of the natural healing source, golden flower plant. However, it is not recommended for those under 10 years of age and pregnant women.
Healthy adult individuals should not consume more than 1-2 cups. Since the plant has a positive effect on the gallbladder and kidneys, individuals with kidney and gallbladder problems may need to consult a specialist before use. Similarly, it may cause undesirable situations in people with tension and sugar disorders. You can consult a specialist to prevent this.
How to Use Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium)?
To benefit from the advantages of the golden herb, its dried flowers and leaves are commonly used. There are various recommended ways to use it:
- As a Tea: To consume the golden herb as a tea, add 1 teaspoon of dried golden herb to a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes, strain and drink.
- As a Lotion: You can prepare a lotion from the golden herb for skin problems. Boil a handful of dried golden herb in some water. Once cooled, strain the liquid and apply it to problem areas on the skin.
- As a Steam Bath: For facial acne and pimples, you can use the golden herb as a steam bath. Add a significant amount of dried golden herb to a bowl of boiling water and then lean over the bowl with a towel draped over your head to capture the steam. Stay in this position for about 10-15 minutes to allow the beneficial properties of the herb to open and cleanse the pores.
Frequently Asked Questions About Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium)
Who Shouldn’t Use Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium)?
Pregnant women, diabetics, and those with blood pressure issues are advised not to use it without doctor supervision. Additionally, it’s recommended that children under the age of 10 should not use it.
Is Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) Harmful?
There are no known harms. It is not recommended for pregnant women and children under the age of 10 to use it. However, like all plants and plant extracts, it should be consumed in moderation.
Does Golden Herb (Helichrysum arenarium) Damage the Kidneys?
One of the benefits of the golden herb is to prevent the formation of stones in the kidneys. However, instead of consuming it recklessly, it should be used by consulting a specialist doctor.